Below are several local autism resources for those living in Bakersfield and Kern County:
- Autism Speaks – A comprehensive resource on research and support for those with autism disorder and their families.
- Kern Consortium SELPA – Providing special education programs and services to Kern County students.
- Kern Regional Center – Helping to coordinate community based services and support for individuals with developmental disabilities.
- H.E.A.R.T.S. Connection – A local organization providing emotional and educational support to parents of children with disabilities.
- Autism Parenting Magazine – A magazine designed to help parents with Autistic children (currently given away a free issue to anyone who visits the site!)
- GoodCall – Resources for scholarships and a full guide to paying for college for students with disabilities.